Admission to Honors in the Major

Each department in the College of Letters & Science administers its own Honors in the Major (HM) requirements. Requirements for admission and for completing Honors in the Major differ among departments. All departments, however, require that students complete a capstone project, usually an Honors senior thesis, in order to graduate with Honors in the Major. Check the Undergraduate Catalog for the HM requirements in your department.

Students must declare Honors in the Major by speaking with the undergraduate advisor in their major department and completing the Honors in the Major declaration form. Please note that the Honors in the Major declaration form is NOT the same as the major declaration form used to declare a major in the College of Letters & Science. Major declaration forms can be obtained from academic department offices.