Bromley Research Conference Travel Grants are awarded based on a competitive application process to eligible L&S Honors students for presentation and/or attendance at regional or national professional conferences. Review of applications and selection of Bromley Research Conference Travel Grant recipients will be conducted by the L&S Faculty Honors Committee.
- Grants awarded for presentation at regional or national conferences provide up to $500 to the recipients.
- Grants awarded solely for attendance at regional or national conferences provide up to $250 to the recipients.
Priority for awards is given to applications requesting support for presentation at professional conferences.
- Currently enrolled L&S Honors Student (HLA, HM, or Comprehensive Honors)
- Minimum 3.3 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Progress toward the completion of the L&S Honors in the Liberal Arts, Honors in the Major, OR Comprehensive Honors degree(s)
Criteria for Selection:
- Strength of statement of benefit/impact of proposed experience
- Strength of letter of recommendation from faculty member
- For conference presentation: submission of documentation of accepted abstract from organizing body and a copy of the conference agenda summary
- For conference attendance only: submission of a copy of the conference agenda summary
Completion and submission of:
- application form
- required statement (see application)
- documentation of accepted abstract and/or copy of conference agenda summary (as appropriate)
- applicant’s UW-Madison student transcript (unofficial or official)
- one (1) letter of recommendation from a UW-Madison faculty member in support of the application
Application Deadline: Monday, April 27, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Deadline is always in late April of spring semester)
Email your application materials, preferably as one PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of recommendation can be sent separately to email@example.com
NOTE: Award recipients will be expected to submit documentation of conference attendance and a brief (1-2 page) summary of their experience.
Notification of awards should take place by e-mail within four weeks of the application deadline.