The L&S Honors Program is home to students from a variety of experiences and backgrounds. While many enter the Honors Program as incoming freshmen, there are a variety of possible paths to an Honors degree. We welcome continuing and transfer students who are active learners, wish to develop closer relationships with faculty, and hope to expand their leadership and service capacities beyond the classroom.
Honors at the university level is not about “being” an Honors student or enhancing your resume. Rather, Honors is about going beyond what a “typical” student does by challenging yourself to obtain the best possible education you can during your undergraduate career — one centered on the goals of a liberal arts education.
Join us if you:
- Love learning and are eager to make the most of your academic experience at UW
- Are willing to go beyond minimum requirements and confront new challenges
- Like the idea of studying in small, friendly settings with some of the best students and teachers at the UW
- Are eager to get involved in original research at the cutting edge of knowledge
- Believe in sharing your talents and working to benefit others
- Might want to continue your education at competitive graduate or professional schools
- Are eager for the skills, experiences, and friendships that will launch you on a lifelong quest for knowledge and personal growth
Continuing and Transfer Students may submit applications to the L&S Honors Program at any time. We review applications on a rolling basis, and you can expect to hear about admission within about two weeks.