Declaring or Withdrawal From Honors in the Major

To Declare Honors in the Major

  • Students must first have declared their intended major. We encourage students interested in Honors in the Major to discuss the major-specific requirements with a departmental/major advisor as soon as possible.
  • Students can download the Honors in the Major Declaration Form from our website. The form requires the major advisor’s signature.
  • When complete, students should submit the declaration form to the Honors Program office.

To Cancel Honors in the Major

It often takes two to four weeks to make changes to a student’s record. The Honors Program will verify changes (declaring/withdrawing from Honors) via email.