Senior Honors Thesis Symposium 2023
April 14 @ 12:00 am
At this annual symposium, Honors student researchers present findings from their senior thesis work. The symposium offers senior thesis writers and other students the opportunity to hear and ask questions about undergraduate research from a variety of disciplines.
- Date: Friday, April 14
- Time: Afternoon
- Location: Memorial Union
- Presenters will be placed into panel groups based on the abstracts shared.
- Each presenter will individually present their work for 8-10 minutes and also have a chance to respond to a few audience questions.
- Presenters typically project a PowerPoint or similar during their presentation, though that is not required.
- Any Honors student completing a senior thesis is eligible to present and/or attend. If you are interested in presenting, please complete the Panelist Registration below.
Note: You are required to present at this symposium if you have received any research grant from the Honors Program that supported your senior thesis work (e.g. Honors Summer Senior Thesis Research Grant, Trewartha Senior Thesis Award). If you received research funding from Honors but are unable to attend and have not already arranged an alternative with the Honors Program, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Senior Thesis Symposium Panelist Registration. Please register to present at the annual Senior Honors Thesis Symposium by Monday, April 3 at 11:59 PM.
- You will need to submit a brief abstract (up to 200 words) with your registration.
- Faculty, staff, students, friends, and family are all invited to attend. Guests need not attend every session. (A full schedule will be available closer to the event date.) To register, fill out the form below;
- Senior Thesis Symposium Guest Registration. Guest registration closes on Friday, April 7 at 11:59 PM.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Honors Program (Honors@honors.ls.wisc.edu).