The Letters & Science Honors Program aims to put into action the values of a liberal arts education and enhance the experience of highly motivated undergraduate students by:
- enhancing and enriching the undergraduate experience through small Honors-level courses that foster intensive learning;
- encouraging collaboration among students and faculty, and supporting opportunities to engage in research and scholarship;
- providing students with individualized and comprehensive academic advising;
- creating a sense of community and inclusion among highly motivated and high-achieving undergraduate students;
- promoting leadership, service, and engaged citizenship with respect for all.
Through this work, we support the broader missions of the College of Letters & Science and the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
The Honors Program is enriched by the diversity of its members. There is no single Honors student profile. Valuing each individual and opposing social injustice and racism at all levels are fundamental Honors values.