The L&S Honors Program provides a community for many of UW-Madison’s most talented and engaged undergraduates. Students of all backgrounds and academic interests challenge and learn from each other while working closely with faculty members and completing Honors coursework. Join us if you:
- Love learning and are eager to make the most of your academic experience at UW
- Are willing to go beyond minimum requirements and confront new challenges
- Like the idea of studying in small, friendly settings with some of the best students and teachers at the UW
- Are eager to get involved in original research at the cutting edge of knowledge, even as an undergraduate
- Believe in sharing your talents and working to benefit others
- Might want to continue your education at competitive graduate or professional schools
- Are eager for the skills, experiences and friendships that will launch you on a lifelong quest for knowledge and personal growth
A Message from L&S Honors
We affirm the fundamental value of inclusion and diversity. The L&S Honors Program mission and the values of the Liberal Arts include civic engagement, social justice, the betterment of society, and taking a stand against racism both personal and systemic, against hostile acts, discrimination, and the inequities in our social and educational system. Our advising and support goes beyond answering academic questions. We want you to feel that you belong, that you are valued, and that you matter.
We endorse the UW-Madison position on diversity with conviction and enthusiasm:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW–Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.